Bright Victorian Semi - Leafy Sheffield Suburb home swap
Seeking exchanges for school holidays.
Our home is a bright, well kept Victorian semi with a three double bedrooms, two reception rooms and walled garden.
The spacious bathroom includes double sized power shower, large bath and WC. There is a separate WC on the first floor and a third WC in the downstairs utility room.
The house has all mod cons. including WiFi, Netflix, DVDs and HiFi streaming. We don`t have a TV but you can watch live TV, Netflix and on-demand via the projector in the snug.
About the location
Our home is in a friendly, safe neighbourhood at the edge of Sheffield with very easy access by car, bus and bike to the Peak District National Park.
The city centre is 5 minutes by car or 15 minutes by bus. There is a huge array of local independent shops within a couple of minutes walking distance, including:
- lots of cool cafes to hang out in
- several more traditional cafes for tea & cakes
- restaurants from pretty much every nationality you can think of including indian street food, chinese, japanese, vietnamese, greek, italian and many more
- traditional pubs
- a trendy gin bar
- cafes and bars with live music
- pubs with sport tv
- snooker & pool bar
- loads of independent shops
- several international supermarkets
Drive 10 minutes to the west and you`re in the stunning Peak District, with fantastic walks, mountain biking, road biking and lots of great cafes. If you don`t have a car, you can catch a bus out into the peaks.
In addition there are great parks locally that you can walk to including:
- Chelsea park - a 15 minute walk to clean, green open space with a little playground
- Millhouses Park - around 20 minutes walk or 5 minute drive for a huge playground, parkour, boating lake, water play, tennis courts, football pitches, a lovely clean river for paddling and a great cafe.
- Chatsworth House, with it`s beautiful gardens and superb adventure playground & farmyard, is 30 minutes drive
- Caves in Castleton and Buxton : 40-50 mins
- Alton Towers : 1 hour
- Gullivers Kingdom : 40 minutes
- Indoor swimming pool at Ponds Forge - 10 mins
- Outdoor swimming pool at Hathersage: 20 mins
- Indoor kids play place : 10 mins
- National and independent cinemas - 10 mins
- Sheffield Winter Gardens - 10 mins
- Magna Science Adventure Centre - great for kids including fab playground - 20 mins
- Meadowhall indoor shopping centre - 20 mins
- Theatres, art galleries and museums - 10 mins
- Edale - 40 Mins
- Manchester - 90 mins.
- Buxton - 45 mins.
- London - 2 hours by train
Conditions of home exchange
- Non smokers only
- Pets welcome
- Children welcome
- Pet Care Offered
- Pet Care required
- Garage / Parking
- Washer / Drier
- Shopping facilities
- Rock climbing
- Local restaurants
- Art galleries
- Horse riding
- Good public transport
Closest airport: East Midlands
Nearest city: Sheffield
Property type: House
Location type: City