Sunshine Coast, Australia - Spacious home swap
OUR HOME ON THE SUNSHINE COAST, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
We love our central location on the Sunshine Coast. You can be at the hinterland, national parks, rainforests or sandy beaches, all within approximately 20-30 minutes of our home.
We love to breakfast on the veranda and listen to the birds that often come to visit. We have a subtropical garden setting with garden views from every room.
UPSTAIRS is the main bedroom (queen size bed; 40 inch TV & DVD Player/Recorder/CD player/Radio) with ensuite bathroom & toilet. This opens out onto the verandah. Also upstairs are a 2nd bathroom, toilet, a reading room/study and a children`s playroom (toys for younger children (3-8 years). We also have Lego, board games, chess, jigsaws etc.
The children`s playroom (originally a bedroom) can also be used as a 4th bedroom, if needed. It has a large, comfortable daybed (single bed size) which could be used as a single bed - also great for stretching out to relax and read.
An open plan kitchen, dining room, lounge room (42 inch TV & Xbox Kinect & DVD Player/Recorder) & music room open out onto spacious verandas. The music room has a beautiful grand piano & also a digital piano, flute & guitar.
DOWNSTAIRS are bedroom 2 (queen size bed) and bedroom 3 (with 2 single beds which can be made into a double bed if needed). There is also a large open plan hobby/craft area & lounge area with a 42" TV & DVD Player/Recorder/CD Player/Radio. The downstairs area offers a great separate space for privacy, activities or relaxing.
We also have a portable foldout single bed with a mattress, plus 2 camp beds if needed.
Netflix is available on the TV`s in the upstairs lounge room and main bedroom.
There is WiFi throughout the house.
Reverse Cycle Airconditioning (Heating/Cooling) in the upstairs living area and in the master bedroom.
Dutch Language Television (BVN) is available on all 3 TV`s (2 upstairs & 1 downstairs).
We have undercover parking.
We take pride in our home and would certainly take good care of your home
NOTE RE PHOTOS: The new system does not allow captions/explanations for photos. The first 18 are of our home, and garden. The rest are of our area and some we took on day trips from our home.
Our house is not suitable for young children.
About the location
WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER A VISITORS` GUIDE FOR OUR GUESTS which we leave for you to browse (plus lots of tourism brochures), but just to give you a taste:
Approx 5-10 minutes drive to:
* Nambour Town Centre, Nambour Mill Village Centre, Coles Supermarket, Aldi Supermarket, Woolworths Supermarket, IGA Supermarket, Big W Department Store, Shops, Cafes, Nambour RSL, Sunshine Coast Rail & Bus Interchange, Petrol Stations, Hospital, Dentists, Doctors, Library, Cinema, Hairdressers, Nambour Historical Museum, Nambour Golf Course, Croquet, Bowls, Swimming Pool & Aquatic Centre, Children`s Playground, Thrill Hill Waterslide, Skate Park, Wildlife HQ (Queensland Zoo) etc.
Also in Nambour are my favourite Scrapbooking Store (Daisy Chain Scrapbooks) & John`s favourite Music Shop (Shake It Up Music - 3 levels). I also love Nambour Book Exchange (Queensland`s largest book exchange) for buying or exchanging second hand books.
Nambour Street Art/Murals - We will leave a street art map so you can follow the street art trail in Nambour including my favourite, a beautiful mural with Indigenous art (photo included in our listing).
Saturday Hinterland Harvest Food Markets at the Wellness Mill opposite Coles Supermarket
Weekly Eco Markets (including Vegan food) at Centenary Square near the Cinema - also a Vegan Cafe/Delicatessen and Husk & Honey - a cafe specialising in Gluten Free
For Vintage/Second Hand Goods Lovers:
Nambour has at least 4 Op Shops (Thrift Shops/2nd Hand Stores) plus other vintage/second hand stores and lots more in Maroochydore and surrounds.
* Woombye Village - a lovely relaxed little nearby town & about 10 minutes or so further on, Palmwoods, another lovely village...
Approx 15 mins to the village of Buderim:
* Boutique shops
* Pioneer Cottage Museum
* Buderim Craft Cottage & Gallery
* Kunara - Largest organic groceries store on the Sunshine Coast - with a cafe
Approx 20 minutes drive to:
* Sunshine Coast Plaza (currently undergoing expansion & refurbishment - In 2019 will be the largest shopping centre north of Brisbane)
* Beaches - Lots of wonderful family and surfing beaches (20-30 mins)
Approx 30 minutes drive to:
* Sunshine Coast Airport
* Coastal towns
* Up to 30 beaches & waterways including Surfing Beaches
* Lakes & Rivers
* Boat Access for Dive Sites & Boat Tours
* Whale Watching Tours (in season)
* Scenic Bicycle Paths & Boardwalks
* Rainforests, National Parks with lots of great walks
* Lots of Great Hiking Trails
* Hinterland Range Towns
* Mary Valley/Kenilworth (scenic drive via Mapleton, Montville & the Obi Valley)
* Australia Zoo (of Steve Irwin fame)
* Underwater World (Mooloolaba)
* World`s Largest Ginger Factory (Yandina)
* World Famous Eumundi Markets (Eumundi) - opposite Berkelouw Bookshop)
* Yandina Markets & Maroochy River Markets
* Maroochy Botanic Gardens
*Noosa National Park (don`t miss this - see photos in our listing)
* Noosa Botanic Gardens
* Craft Online - Scrapbooking/Papercraft/Mixed Media Superstore
Approx 40 minutes drive to the scenic Dayboro Valley
Approx 1-1.5 hours by car, bus or train to:
* Brisbane City
* Brisbane International Airport
A FEW USEFUL WEBSITES for Nambour & Sunshine Coast & Day/Overnight Trips
https://www.visitsunshinecoast.com (Viist Sunshine Coast)
http://www.tourismsunshinecoast.com.au (Tourism Sunshine Coast)
http://www.visitnoosa.com.au (Visit Noosa)
http://www.hinterlandtourism.com.au (Hinterland Tourism)
https://www.visitfrasercoast.com (Visit Fraser Coast)
http://www.visitbrisbane.com.au (Visit Brisbane)
https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au (Visit the Scenic Rim)
https://www.destinationgoldcoast.com (Destination Gold Coast)
http://visittamborinemountain.com.au/things-to-do-on-tamborine-mountain/ (Visit Tamborine Mountain) - nice drives, national parks, rainforest walks, hiking
https://oreillys.com.au/lamington-national-park/ - Day trip or overnight at O`Reilly`s - Lamington National Park - cafe with a view to the Scenic Rim, feed the lorikeets, rainforest walks, walk the suspension bridge high in the treetops, hiking & camping
https://visitdarlingdowns.com.au (Visit Darling Downs)
https://www.queensland.com (Queensland Tourism)
http://bunyamountains.com.au (Bunya Mountains - great walks, camping & hiking)
Some National Parks for strolling, hiking or a nice drive:
There are quite a few national parks within 20 mins- 40 mins drive from us
Some Dive Sites - Sunshine Coast & further afield:
Long, wide verandas/decks - subtropical setting with lots of birds
Close to shops, attractions, beaches, rainforests
Spacious comfortable living on two levels
Type of home swap
- Home Exchange
- Open to Offers
- Long Term Exchange
- Weekend Exchange
Conditions of home exchange
- Non smokers only
- No pets allowed
- No small children
- Garage / Parking
- Washer / Drier
- Use of bike
- Shopping facilities
- Scuba diving
- Local restaurants
- Car recommended
Closest airport: Sunshine Coast (Maroochy)
Nearest city: Sunshine Coast
Property type: House
Location type: Suburban