Between city and beach in Auckland home swap
A recently renovated house with 2 living areas, 4 bedrooms, study, 2 bathrooms and a private outdoor area with tropical plants, located on a cul-de-sac in a quiet neighborhood of Auckland.
* 1 - king size bed in master bedroom + ensuite +
* 2 - single bed
* 3 - single bed (currently in bedroom 2)
* 4 - queen size sofa bed
Toys, games and outdoor tree swing and ping pong table.
Two sets of steps outside the main door. Our house has two levels with lounge, kitchen, laundry area, bathroom, playroom, study, 3 bedrooms on the first floor, master bedroom with ensuite on the second floor. There is a garage under the house.
About the location
There are lots of places of interest within an hour`s drive:
* Waitakere Ranges for long and short walks or hikes
* Muriwai beach with gannet colony, surfing
* Piha and Karekare (location set for movie Piano) with black volcanic sand, surfing
* Waivera or Parakai hot thermal pools
* Woodhill forest mountainbiking and horse trails
* Mt Eden and Mt Mangere volcano walks ( both inactive)
* Auckland War Memorial Museum
* Auckland ZOO
* Maritime Museum
* Sky Tower ( the highest in the southern hemisphere)
* Shakespeare and Tawhranui Regional parks with beatiful beaches (1.5h)
Within 2-3 hours you can easily reach Coromandel Peninsula, Rotorua, Waitomo caves, etc.
Green Bay is a quiet residential suburb in West Auckland. Given its name you will find many native trees, reserves, bays, beaches and even a golf course, all in a walking distance.
Just a stone throw away from the famous Titirangi Village with their vibrant cafes, restaurants, supermarket, art gallery, medical and dental centres, post office. Further on you will find Waitakere Ranges with lots of native fauna and flora, great daily walks or hikes with stunning views. West Coast with its famous black sand beaches and hiking trails (Piha, Karekare, Bethels, Muriwai) is only a 30 minute drive.
A local convenience store and bus stop ( direct bus to the city centre (Britomart) 2 min walk. 20min walk to Titirangi Vilage or Green Bay supermarket. Lynnmall shopping centre is 4km away. Auckland International and domestic airport is 25km away.
You might need a car for convenience, we are happy to offer our car on a simultaneous exchange.
Conditions of home exchange
- Non smokers only
- No pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Garage / Parking
- Baby / children facilities
- Washer / Drier
- Car exchange offered
- Security / Doorman
- Use of bike
- Shopping facilities
- Local restaurants
- Art galleries
- Good public transport
- Car recommended
Closest airport: Auckland International Airport
Property type: House
Location type: Suburban